Ultrasonic flowmeter for custody transfer (CT) measurement in upstream and midstream applications
The ALTOSONIC 5 is a multi-path ultrasonic flowmeter for custody transfer (CT) measurement in upstream and midstream applications of the oil and gas industry. The high accuracy meter is suitable for measuring all types of crudes in transportation, processing, loading or offloading applications as well as all types of refined products or chemicals. Due to its unique paths configuration, the ALTOSONIC 5 is suitable for all flow regimes without Reynolds number limitations. In addition, a vertically mounted transducer pair detects gas on top of the liquid.
Product features and options depend on device configuration: Contact us to make sure that your preferred functionality can be combined in one device.
- Bi-directional flow measurement with the widest certified turndown ratio (75:1)
- Unique path configuration plus one vertical path for diagnostics
- Independent of flow profile (Reynolds number) and product variations
- Certified viscosity range up to 1500 cSt
- Reduced installation length: down to 5D with flow conditioner
- Transducer replacement under process conditions
- Extensive diagnostic features: recognition and visualisation of complete flow profile
- Full pipe guarantee: integrated entrained gas detection
- Significantly easier small volume proving
- Easy integration with SUMMIT 8800 or any other approved flow computer
- No moving parts, no wear, no pressure loss